Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!

Wow!! This whole entire week has been one cyclonic blur!! Did you miss me? Besides having to keep Petey the Wonderdog inside all week-and listening to his constant whining (which has driven me to the brink of murderous insanity), we have been on the road.

Friday night I did an out of town show. It was FABULOUS!! Very short, and VERY financially SWEET!! We drove 3 hours to get there, set up, sold for 4 hours, and drove 3 hours home. The show was GREAT!! I loved the people, and one woman actually SQUEALED when I told her that I was published in ART JOURNALING..LOL..that was quite funny, in a cute way!! We had a blast! I also booked a class for May to teach art journaling. That was cool! We did run into a little problem--they placed me in a regular's spot, and when the regular showed up--well..he pitched a little fit. Little fits don't bother me..I had an email on hand stating where I was suppose to set up, so -- not my problem! I cannot wait to go back there though!! The dominoes actually sold like hotcakes, so..I do have to restock those this week!!

Then on Saturday morning, after about 4 hours sleep, we went to our local town's little trade day/flea market--but after trying to function for about an hour--we closed up shop and went home. I didn't even want to deal with it.

Sunday morning, we had to go back out of town to a NEW VENDOR meeting. The art market that I had applied for--is HUGE. It's held every Sunday, and they said that a bad day is 5,000 people. Can you Imagine??? OMG..It's going to ROCK!! I cannot wait until it starts. I didn't know if I had been juried in or not, but we were required to go to the meeting "just in case"..while I was there, the woman told me that I had been approved!! WHOOOHOOOOO!! I am so, so, so excited!!!

Monday morning, I got up and hit the road again..this time only to buy groceries, and things we will need for the artist market. I am having to do a full display tent, even though the market is indoors, they will still let us put our tent inside--so, I have been working out a very colorful, very appealing decor for it. It's going to look great (hopefully!!). This meant buying new display stands, sides for the tent (I got the most beautiful gauzy curtains--in hot pink, turquoise, yellow and lime green for the sides), new tablecloths, etc..plus, I am having to make tags to hang on everything..I will take a ton of pics at the first show!!

Then yesterday--I left the house in search of a new vehicle..LOL..I am thinking either a Honda Element, or a Ford Flex..but the Flex's are so new, that there are no "previously owned" ones yet. I am absolutely IN LOVE with them though..(not too keen on owning a FORD, but Nature Boy seems excited about it..LOL), my other option will be a van (yuck!), but we have to have a practical vehicle if we are going to be lugging tents, metal walls, and artwork all over the place.

Today, I am going to sit down, and figure out what shows I want to do. I can do that now, that I am committed to the artist market, and know what days are free this year..and then, I am going to work. I need to stay in the studio all week...LOL..that's about it...Live Artfully!! ~~Suzan~~

13 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

Suzan you sound so excited, I am so happy for you! The art market sounds amazing, I know you will do well, and have fun there.
oh, about Petey, did you try some earplugs, lol!

Mary said...

Oh you have been busy!! All good things Suzan. The tent sounds great, can't wait to see it. So glad things are going so well for you!
Hugs

DS Borror said...

i just am in awe that you are driving this train of life..you are mastering your own choices and making things happen and to read about that is really pretty special. good luck to you in your decisions-choices.

Talking Horses Arts said...

Hi there Susan..yes mist you..a lot. But it is nice to here how wonderful tings went. Wishing good luck with the next one and many...many sales...so you can by the car you want..lol.(I decided for a Tahoe. its nice to drive and has all the space you need.Plus its when needed four wheel drive..lol.Bought it used and put 50.000 on it in 2 years..still going strong!)
Anyway...wishing you ALL the best!!!
Andrea.

Jazz said...

Good for you! You'll knock their socks of at the market.

Shelly said...

All the art show happenings sound so exciting, Suzan! Congratulations! :)

Willnnabel said...

Okay, I think you should buy the Flex, if you are looking for a used one check out the dealerships for returned lease vehicles! As the wife of a Ford employee, please buy American if possible. Although I agree not a van. Sounds like even with this economy you are doing great, good for you! Let's hope it spreads!

Lisa Gallup said...

I have a Honda Element and I ADORE it!! Have had it for two years now.....best car I've ever had and the ONLY car I've ever LOVED! :) Mine is Metallic Kiwi. :):)

Sacred Yoli said...

Wow, you did have a great week! So inspiring.

(I have been following your blog for while. I so love your style)

Jward35 said...

Susan. Great post. Get the Flex. Cool looks, amazing interior space, fuel economy that is better than the Tahoe and Pilot and anything else with 7 seats. We got one and WE LOVE IT!!!

Lucrecer said...

Congratulations on being published in the magazine.

Terri Kahrs said...

Good for you, Susan! Your success is SO well deserved. You're such an inspiration. Best of luck with your upcoming markets. Hugs xoxo

Becky Bunn said...

Okay, I admit I could not sit quietly. My feet were tapping. Congrats on your art shows and best of luck for the up coming ones. Hope Petty is being a good boy