Wednesday, April 1, 2009

THE RETURN OF PETEY THE WONDERDOG -- THE WHOLE STORY

Pushmi-pullyu (adopted character from Dr. Doolittle books)
List of Characters:
1. Nature Boy
2. Me
3. Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog
4. Pushmi-pullyu (see picture above)
5. Cletus (the younger stupid bystander dog)
6. Miss Harlot Hottie Pants (the female dog--the SAME female dog that stole the little toy from our yard and ran so happily down the street with Nature Boy chasing her a few weeks ago..)
Ok..Last night I went to bed at 8:30- 9pm..and around 11, I thought that I heard Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog outside, and went running to see if it was him. It was not. So, I couldn't go back to sleep..and sat up all night long, worrying about him. At 7 AM this morning, I finally drifted off to sleep. Around 10-ish..Nature Boy woke me up. I was tired, stressed, and Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog had not yet come home. I started crying. Nature Boy jumped into action--the man cannot stand to see me cry....and OFF he went..jumping on his magnificent white stead, and riding away into the sunset ( a little creative embellishment here--it was actually a Nature Boy All Terrain Vehicle in hunter green.) A few minutes went by, and Nature Boy returned, saying that he had found Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog, and he was in Miss Harlot Hottie Pant's yard, behind a fence. "Did you bring him home?" I asked him. I was told that he had tried to open the gate, but that Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog had GROWLED at him. I then told Nature Boy that I would go get him, and we jumped into the car and drove down there. I took a very large mallet with me--NOW knowing that Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog was ALIVE and WELL, I was just plain MAD! I get there, and there's Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog and Miss Harlot HOTTIE PANTS, but they are trying to FOOL me, and are dressed in the disguise of the evil Pushmi-Pullyu (pronounced push me pull you). (Trying to be very nice here--about the state that my dog was in )..Anyway--that just made me madder. The Harlot Hottie Pants had turned my dog into a crazed maniac..and wouldn't let him go...so, I decided--FINE..She can have him!! Let him STAY there, and I went home. A little later, after many diabolical thoughts, I decided to go get him AGAIN. Even if I had to bring them home in the Pushmi-Pullyu disguise--that dog was coming home. So, Nature Boy and I jumped in the car again, and sped off......(crazy driving music inserted here)...and we drove about a block and a half, and there was MISS HARLOT HOTTIE PANTS and CLETUS. Cletus has confused me through this whole week..because CLETUS is always with Miss Harlot Hottie Pants, but he's like her brother, or best friend..but he is a male dog too. Maybe he's young, and doesn't know WHAT TO DO, but he has been by her side all week. They are strolling down the road, just smelling the flowers, and going here, and going there...but NO Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog..my husband just happened to glance over..and there is Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog behind ANOTHER fence, in a DIFFERENT yard..looking like a very happy drunken idiot. He's just sitting in the corner..like he can't get out.. IT's a country fence with post, and wire stapled to it..and you can just pull it loose. So, Nature Boy grabs the leash and hooks ole Petey the Whooped Wonderdog on it, and goes to pull the fence loose, and it isn't even attached to the post. It is just sitting there...LOL..the silly dog could have just walked out, but because Miss Harlot Hottie Pants took his brains earlier..he thought he was penned in..LOL LOL..anyway..Nature Boy had to drag Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog home. I mean drag him..FINALLY..we got him into the house, and he starts his crazy whining, and crying, and rolling on the floor..(thinking this will drive me insane as usual, and I will put him OUTSIDE, where he can escape AGAIN. NOT. This isn't going to happen until Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog becomes the feminine, not so male doggie at Dr. Dog's Snipping the Thing Off Clinic on Tuesday.. LOL..but, the whining and crying is DRIVING me INSANE. It's a high pitched manic whine..and I HATE IT...So.. I fix his little world. Yes, Necessity is the Mother of INVENTION..uh huh..I take the Extra Strength Febreeze Pet and Carpet deodorizer in the 20 gallon spray bottle, and I start spraying. I sprayed Petey the Big Boy on the Block Alpha Wonderdog's corner, his bed, the kitchen floor (which I had just mopped--so, now I have to do it AGAIN)..I sprayed the living room floor, the porch, the outside doggie bedding, the steps...and the whole time, I am on the phone with the vet, trying to get some serious doggies tranquilizers for him until Tuesday...and a miracle happens...Petey quiets down, and becomes very relaxed..and in less than 5 minutes--he's sound asleep. It's working..YEAH FEBREEZE!!!GO!! So, all night when there is an utterance of a whine, I re-spray, and my perfect, wonderful dog is back home..and he's quiet..and sweet..and Miss Harlot Hottie Pants is a distant, happy memory of his reckless past.
Live Artfully!
~~Suzan~~
(this post is further evidence that I REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE..hehehe)

14 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I luuuuuvvvved your story. I was on the edge of my seat. I'm so happy Petey is home and safe. He's a little passionate son of a gun, idn't he? Ahhh, dogs, gotta love 'em though they drive you crazy half the time. We decided Scout, our only male of the three we have and he is neutered, is autistic and obsessive compulsive. I am qualified to diagnose this as my son is both as well though he is doing really well right now, much better than the dog. Scout has worn a path in the yard from his patrol route and just waits for something, anything to move outside so he can bark - even a butterfly will set him off. Then he looks to see if I notice he is barking so I will tell him to be quiet and to come inside and then he wags his tail. He gets me every time. Oh my. Anyway, I'm glad you got the upper hand and hopefully can sleep tonight. That's what I'm off to do.

Have a great Thursday, Suzan!
marsha

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, you need to warn women to pee before they read this post!! What a hoot!!!!
Hugs

Talking Horses Arts said...

Happy for you!!!! So glad he is save!
My son used to have a miniature pin when he was younger, he (the dog..lol) would take of and be gone for days..no really. We lived in Texas in those days and were we lived the coyotes would have loved a little dog snack. Son crying all the time and me day and night looking for the dog. It got less after the famous visit at the vet..
but one day he did not come back. Found him six months later living at somebody else's house,they had a female dog, that's all he wanted. He still lives there. We were just happy that he survived and he had a good home there. After all the stress we went through again and again, it was painful.We just knew he would run away again as soon as he got a chance. Really happy for you Susan!
Andrea.

marthaberry said...

What a story! I am glad you got him home without the harlot still attached.

Irish3 said...

Wow, I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole post.. what a story and the music in the middle really added to the mood you set! What an adventure!!! I'm so glad you all were reuinited in the end and I'll spend some time now trying to get the Pushme-pullyu picture of Petey and the hussy out of my brain. Lol too funny, I hope you have a very uneventful day today!

Flora said...

AHAHAHAHA!!!, What a funny story!!,Poor Petey!!! Glad there was a happy ending...sorta...snip snip!!
Blessings,Flora

Judy C said...

Would you please move next door to me? You write the best short stories ever. And I am sure I would love your Petey.

Leslie said...

That was such fun to read about!!! I'm so glad Petey got his butt back home. How great to start the day by laughing so hard! Thank you! And you have a great day, too!

Artsnark said...

What an adventure (for both you & Petey)

Lisa Gallup said...

Freakin' hilarious! I hope Petey's loss of his manhood goes well. lol At least he got a little action before hand. ha! Males!

Jazz said...

And here I thought only human males thought with the little head...

laurel said...

Just about fell out of my chair over your story! You should write books. It was just too funny.

Kathy said...

Girlfriend~
You NEED to write a book! Loved you're story, so happy to see Petey back home where he belongs. Damn bitches in heat!!!!! lol
~xx~
Kathy

Anonymous said...

heh, thats an awesome post. i just went through the whole stinky pee and humping thing with my cat pepe. i like to think he didnt know what happened when we went to dr for him to get "clipped". at least he knows where to pee now and has channelled his humping into licking the other cats TO DEATH!!!

Jeanine