Friday, January 8, 2010

WORKING WITH WATERCOLOR

Good Morning--It is COLD. Bitter, icy, snowy, stick-my-head-under-the-covers, hibernating COLD. I am miserable..LOL..I am FROZEN....I am also whiny, and a cry-baby...LOL...But, anyway-- Good Morning!

Last night, I was playing with watercolor pencils and crayons while watching the National Championship football game..(Yea!! for Nature Boy!!! His team took the National Championship title--happy for him!!!)..Well..as I was saying..I was playing, and this was the end result! I think I love watercolors!! They are so easy to work with, and I love the look. This is done on a scrap piece of cheap paper, and I used acrylics for some of it. It was quick, easy, and fun!

I am compiling my list of things that you all asked for me to show you. I will be doing a couple of tutorials starting next week, and I hope that they help you. A lot of you wanted "how to do faces". I probably am not the one to show you this--because most of my faces are kinda wonky looking, but I will give it a shot. Ok..going back under the covers. I wish I could stay there until March. (WHY didn't God grant humans the ability to hibernate?????) Live Artfully!

7 comments:

Jazz said...

Well, one thing's for sure. Winter makes me want to spend eternity in hell where it's warm.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm with you on the hibernation thing! I spend as much time as I can in my studio which is in the basement and has no windows which means I don't have to look outside and SEE that it's cold. I'm all for the denial!

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

I'm the same way lately, Suzan. Very whiny.

Love this new painting!

Martha Lever said...

Oh goody a tutorial! This one is precious. I love the sweet look on her face.

Sueann said...

Great face!! I love her!! Now get back under those covers and stay warm. That is where I am!! LOL!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Jodi Ohl said...

can't wait to see what tutorials you have in store for us!

Justine said...

Just discovered your blog through The Voodoo cafe. Love faces and I really like this one - she looks thoughtful. A tutorial would be great! Justine