Thursday, March 4, 2010

A MIXED MEDIA PAINTING..AND WE GET TO SELL THIS WEEKEND!! WOOHOOOO!!!

16 x 20 mixed media/acrylics on canvas

The background is done with old letters, pattern tissue paper, and book pages...Then I painted on top of that. It really intense in real. I really like the way it turned out. I tried to do an antique-looking typical piece, but got bored, and went nutso on the canvas..LOL.

This weekend will be our first "set-up the tent, throw out the tables, and sell art (hopefully) event". I am participating in  "ART TILL DARK" in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It's in the parking lot of  Winder Binder Folk Art Gallery, and since I am literally biting at the bit to get out and about again...we decided to do it. I hope it's great fun!!! I love setting up and selling that way. It's so much more fun than just sending your art work off to hang on wall..(no offense to galleries)! It's suppose to be beautiful weather, and HOPEFULLY it will be warm by then. I have been frozen on this mountain for the last two days..and it's killing me!! Well...time for bed!! Live Artfully!

5 comments:

Sueann said...

Well your painting is fabulous!! Love the background! Sounds like a fun sale! Best of luck!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Jazz said...

Good luck at the market!

Terri Kahrs said...

Great color intensity in this piece, Suzan! You're outdoor art sale has given me hope that spring will eventually come to NJ! LOL!!! Have fun, and I hope you sell a TON of stuff!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

JRonson said...

U r really talented, i'm impress with your works, nice job :)

suzi whitaker said...

Best of luck!!!