Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RUNNING A LITTLE LATE TODAY..ANOTHER REALISTIC BIRD ATTEMPT..

16 x 20 acrylic on canvas.Available on Etsy.
Well, I suppose that I should tell you what the heck I am doing with these bird paintings. I have decided that I need to push myself to learn how to paint better. This is going to be a  longggggggg process...but, I feel like it's my next step. I won't stop painting like I normally do..because it's fun..but I have to learn, and the best way to do that is to DO. I had to do this with mixed media collage..and then with painting, then with faces, now it's going to be with an occasional realistic attempt. I guess my next thing to conquer will be (hopefully) the fine art route. I have a long way to go...don't know if I'll even make it..because this kind of painting stifles me...smothers me..and is painful. It's too ...BORING..LOL..anyway...

Live Artfully!

10 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

well all i can say is your doing a fantastic job at your realistic Art suzan

Sueann said...

Painting realistically is boring...so I agree with you. Though it is good to stretch those creative muscles now and again. Love your owl! Have fun!
Hugs
SueAnn

jinx mcgrail said...

Love Love Love the owl painting. Great style!!

Jazz said...

How very strange, that's my third owl in a week.

Sunday I saw one sitting in a tree at the cottage, Monday Ian blogged about owls and now you have a painting of one...

And owls never have been on my radar. Go figure.

Mary said...

Well Suzan, it might be boring for you to paint, but it certainly is not boring for us to look at!

This is very good - I like the background with it, and the colors!

katemade designs said...

This is a bit more than an attempt I think it's a success. It's beautiful.
The development of a new skill generally involves a bit of struggle and pain. No one ever rode a bike without falling off a few times when they were learning. Good luck.

Diva Kreszl said...

love this!

Christy said...

Love your owl Suzan. I think we are on parallel tracks of learning and exploring. Once you get this realistic bit mastered you can start to mix it up a bit with your more modern works. I will be hanging around to get to see your progress and these paintings for sure!

Ronnie said...

I LIKE IT! You are a go getter! Thanks for the advice on the stupid BEE CAR. I just hate it when one snags me like that.

marthaberry said...

I love the owl!